Muslim Advocates is seeking to fill a newly created position of Senior Development Officer to lead a growing individual donor engagement program, within a growing organization.
The Senior Development Officer will have the responsibility of leading Muslim Advocates $5K + donor cultivation, solicitation and stewardship efforts. The Officer will work collaboratively and strategically with the Executive Director and Development Committee to set goals, priorities and direction for the individual giving program.
This position is based in our Washington, DC office.
- Build, cultivate, and manage a portfolio of major donors with a focus on those making gifts of $5K+.
- Develop and implement engagement plans to cultivate and solicit major donors using multiple touch points including personal meetings, email, telephone, targeted mailings and invitations to Muslim Advocates events and other cultivation activities.
- Lead donor engagement activities in key cities and regions across the country.
- Conduct analysis of giving for purposes of maximizing ROI, setting and meeting annual fundraising goals, and building strategies for donor growth and constant improvement.
- Manage members of the development team.
We are seeking candidates who possess these key qualifications:
- A strong track record of meeting ambitious fundraising targets and building effective donor relationships, with cultural competence and strong interpersonal and communication skills – written and verbal.
- Results-oriented with a deep understanding of individual fundraising best practices and donor stewardship.
- Strong organizational and project management skills; meets deadlines and has eagle-eye attention to detail.
- Experience with Salesforce or similar technology to run reports and analyze data that inform and refine fundraising strategies.
- Able to travel as much as two to three times a month for one to three days, including weekend travel.
Muslim Advocates offers a generous and competitive salary and benefits package, commensurate with experience.
How to Apply:
To apply, candidates should submit a resume and cover letter describing their interest, skills and experience. Applications are being accepted now and will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Apply here: https://muslimadvocates.applytojob.com/apply/92QvdyoaVd/Senior-Development-Officer.
Muslim Advocates is committed to recruiting, hiring and supporting a diverse staff and welcomes applicants of all gender, sexuality, religious, ethnic, racial and cultural identities.
About Muslim Advocates:
Muslim Advocates is a leading national legal advocacy and educational nonprofit organization founded in 2005. Our mission is to use legal advocacy, policy engagement and education to promote and protect equality, liberty and justice for Americans of all faiths, and to promote the full and meaningful participation of Muslims in American public life. For more information, visit www.muslimadvocates.org