It is critical to take precautions to keep our community institutions safe and secure. Muslim Advocates has organized key resources on mosque and institutional security from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and other government agencies.
The materials provide special guidance to mosque, Islamic school, and Muslim community leaders on anticipating, preparing for, and reacting to anti-Muslim hate and bigotry.
Please feel free to distribute these documents freely to mosques, schools, and other institutions.
- DHS Active Shooter Pocket Card
- DHS Guidance on Protection of Religious Facilities
- DHS Guidance on Protection of Higher Education Institutions
- DHS Publications & Resources for Schools and Houses of Worship on Conducting Security Assessment
- DHS Guidance on How to Respond to an Active Shooter – Booklet
- DHS Guidance on How to Respond to an Active Shooter – Pocket Card
- Guide for Developing High-Quality Emergency Operations Plans for Houses of Worship
- Guide for Developing High-Quality School Emergency Operations Plans