Muslim Advocates seeks an experienced and passionate professional for the full-time Director of Development position to lead and manage all aspects of the organization’s fundraising activities to ensure that Muslim Advocates raises the annual and special funds it requires in order to fulfill its vital mission. The development director will manage a growing team and collaborate closely with senior staff and board members.
Muslim Advocates (MA) is a leading national legal advocacy and educational nonprofit organization that works on the frontlines of civil rights to guarantee freedom and justice for Americans of all faiths. With $3.6 million in revenue, Muslim Advocates has a full-time staff of 16 and offices in Oakland, CA and Washington, DC. For more information, visit: www.muslimadvocates.org.
The Director of Development will report to the Executive Director. S/he will be an integral part of the organization, serving as a member of the senior team and working closely with the Executive Director the Development Committee of the Board of Directors. Duties include evaluating the organization’s annual financial needs and budget; directing strategic participation of key staff and board in development activities; working with staff to prepare and provide monthly, quarterly, and annual development status reports; managing a growing development team, including supervising three existing staff members; managing a portfolio of major donors and foundations; and other duties which can be seen at https://www.raffa.com/nonprofitsearch/currentsearches/documents/ma.pdf
Muslim Advocates seeks an individual with the following skills and experience:
- 4 to 7 years of senior leadership experience including a demonstrated ability to manage and mentor diverse teams
- At least five years’ of relevant experience in nonprofit philanthropic development
- Experience in social justice, civil rights, interfaith, and/or American Muslim nonprofits preferred
- Success in raising significant individual gifts ($25K or more), corporate and foundation support
- Adept at dealing with sensitive political and social situations
- Experience preparing budgets and producing reports (updates and projections)
- Willing and able to travel up to 25 percent of the time
- Have a Bachelor’s degree and a demonstrated interest and commitment to the organization’s mission
Muslim Advocates offers a generous and competitive salary and benefits package, commensurate with experience.
Resume review begins immediately.
Muslim Advocates is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. In accordance with federal, state, and local laws, Muslim Advocates recruits, hires, promotes, and evaluates candidates for employment and personnel without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ethnicity, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veterans status, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, ancestry, or any other classification protected by law. Job applicants and current employees are evaluated solely on their ability, experience, and the requirements of the job.