Muslim Advocates is seeking to fill a newly created position of Development Associate to support a growing donor engagement program, within a growing organization.
In a nutshell, the Development Associate’s role will be to manage our donor database, ensure timely acknowledgement of gifts, and generate reports, as well as provide crucial support of donor events and other development priorities.
The Development Associate is a full-time position, will report to the Director of Development, and will be based in our Washington, DC office.
The responsibilities of the Development Associate fall into the following key buckets:
- Database management: maintains donor records and accurate information within the donor database; produces accurate mailing lists and reports.
- Donation processing: ensures the accurate and timely entry of donation information; prepares and sends acknowledgement letters and communications.
- Prospect research: researches and drafts profiles on prospective donors.
- Supports the development team: provides logistics support for donor events; manages fundraising materials and collateral; assists with mailing and other donor engagement activities; provides administrative and other support to the Director Development.
This is the job for you, if you are:
- Looking to to start or continue a career in nonprofit fundraising
- Highly organized with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Enjoy working both independently and in a collaborative setting
- Have database experience — with Salesforce a plus
- Able to work with sensitive information with discretion
- Personable and enjoy speaking with donors and volunteers
- Able to work occasional weekend and evening hours for donor events
- Have a demonstrated commitment to Muslim Advocates’ mission
In short, we are seeking candidates who understand the importance of timely and accurate data, appreciate the need to use discretion, are willing to assist their teammates to meet a goal, and are passionate about our mission of fight for freedom, justice and equality for all.
Muslim Advocates offers a generous and competitive salary and benefits package, commensurate with experience.
How to Apply:
- To apply, submit a resume and cover letter describing your interest, skills and experience at this link. Applications are being accepted now and will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Muslim Advocates is committed to recruiting, hiring and supporting a diverse staff and welcomes applicants of all gender, sexuality, religious, ethnic, racial and cultural identities.
About Muslim Advocates:
Muslim Advocates is a leading national legal advocacy and educational nonprofit organization founded in 2005. Our mission is to use legal advocacy, policy engagement and education to promote and protect equality, liberty and justice for Americans of all faiths, and to promote the full and meaningful participation of Muslims in American public life. For more information, visit www.muslimadvocates.org