Muslim Advocates is seeking to fill a newly created position of Annual Fund Officer to lead a growing donor engagement program, within a growing organization.
The Annual Fund Officer will have the responsibility for three annual campaigns. The Officer will also grow the annual fund program and maintain a portfolio of annual fund donors and prospects for solicitation. The Officer will work strategically with the Director of Development to set goals, priorities and direction for the Annual Fund program.
This position is based in our Washington, DC office.
- Lead annual campaigns, including drafting solicitation letters and emails, developing a social media ad strategy, and managing donors lists and calls.
- Build relationships with annual fund prospects to further engagement with Muslim Advocates; cultivate and solicit gifts up to $5,000 including phone call and in person solicitation.
- Work closely with communications and fundraising colleagues to design messaging and materials and coordinate communications calendar.
- Conduct analysis of annual fund giving for purposes of maximizing ROI and building strategies for constant improvement.
- Organize small donor cultivation events and support other members of the development team.
Here are the key qualifications we’re looking for in this role:
- Experience writing effective fundraising solicitations (US mail and email).
- Able to build relationships, with culturally competent and strong interpersonal and communication skills – written and verbal.
- Strong organizational and project management skills; must meet deadlines
- Eagle-eye attention to detail.
- Experience with Salesforce or similar technology to run reports and analyze data that inform and refine fundraising strategies.
- Able to travel as much as once a month for one to three days, including weekend travel.
Muslim Advocates offers a generous and competitive salary and benefits package, commensurate with experience.
How to Apply:
To apply, candidates should submit a resume, cover letter describing their interest, skills and experience; and a 3-page writing sample. Apply at this link: https://muslimadvocates.applytojob.com/apply/fo0DaPyrfH/Annual-Fund-Officer.
Applications are being accepted now and will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Muslim Advocates is committed to recruiting, hiring and supporting a diverse staff and welcomes applicants of all gender, sexuality, religious, ethnic, racial and cultural identities.
About Muslim Advocates:
Muslim Advocates is a leading national legal advocacy and educational nonprofit organization founded in 2005. Our mission is to use legal advocacy, policy engagement and education to promote and protect equality, liberty and justice for Americans of all faiths, and to promote the full and meaningful participation of Muslims in American public life. For more information, visit www.muslimadvocates.org